- Experienced Non-Executive Director with proven commercial success in her Executive career (Plc and Private Equity), and former CEO.
- Significant international experience, with a track record of creating growth in developing and emerging markets, and transforming business results.
- Charismatic people person with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Non-Executive Board Positions
Royal London Mutual Building Society
- Non-Executive Director for Royal London Group, the UK’s largest mutual Life and Pensions company.
- Chair of the Remuneration Committee, Member Risk and Nomination Committees
- Investment Funds Direct Limited (Chairman)
- Senior Independent Director, Ibstock plc, FTSE 250 Building products
- Chair of Remuneration Committee, Member Audit Committee
- Non-Executive Director, DiscoverIE, FTSE Small Cap Electronic
- Member Remuneration, Audit and Nomination Committees
Link Scheme Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, LINK Scheme Ltd, Operator of the LINK Scheme (UK cash machine network)
- Member Remuneration, Nomination and Risk Committees
- LINK Consumer Council (Chairman)
Talaris Limited – CEO
Chief Executive Officer
64th largest private Company in UK in 2011. Designed, manufactured and distributed automated technology to help businesses authenticate cash. Talaris Limited was formed from a £360m buyout of De La Rue’s Cash Systems business, backed by private equity house Carlyle in 2008. Talaris sold to trade buyer for £650m July 2012.
- Led the successful management buy-out of the Cash Systems Division from De La Rue Plc in June 2008.
- Over a five year period transformed the business from Sales £280m, EBITDA £16m, to Sales £320m, EBITDA £65m in 2010.
- Business span encompassed 17 international offices, and 135 distribution partners, with 1700 FTE.
- Developed new business in emerging markets and achieved significant cost savings/margin improvement via outsourcing manufacturing to Asia.
De La Rue Plc
Managing Director – De La Rue Cash Systems
De la Rue is the world’s largest commercial security printer and papermaker, producing the currency of more then 150 governments worldwide. Group comprised two separate non-dependant divisions, De La Rue Currency and De La Rue Cash Systems.
- Appointed to turn around low performing Division of the De La Rue Group, and to put in place revised strategy for the business.
- Put in place a 3 year recovery plan for the business, restructuring into three separate businesses each with full P&L responsibility.
- Upon completion of recovery plan, led the successful MBO of the business to Talaris Ltd.
Sequoia Voting Systems
- On behalf of the Group, led the successful disposal of Sequoia in March 2005, staying on as President for 6 months to ensure successful transition to new owner.
- Negotiated, delivered and implemented multi million dollar electronic voting systems contracts to County, State and Federal Customer base.
- Instrumental in ensuring successful 2004 Presidential election, and turning the business from loss making to breakeven in 18 months.
- De La Rue Identity systems is a subsidiary company of De La Rue Plc, responsible for the implementation of national identity, driver’s licence and passport issuing systems.
- In 2003 awarded De La Rue Manager of the Year following the business delivering $100m of new orders.
- Secured multi year contracts for the New York Driving License issuance program, Mexican Passport, Chilean National ID Card, and Angolan Passport, Driving License and ID card.
AXA Insurance Plc
Director of Customer Services
- Responsible for the service delivery of the AXA/Guardian Direct Call Centre operations, 4 locations 1500 FTE.
- In 1998 awarded European Call Centre of the Year for Customer Service and Excellence.
- Director responsible for Board and CEO customer complaints ensuring effective and fair resolution.
Senior Manager, Credit Services
- Led the debt collection and recovery operation for Midland Card Services, including recommending lending strategy and policy controls. Budget control £300m
Manager, Authorisations and Lost and Stolen Cards
- Managed 24 by 7 by 365 operation – providing discretionary services to Midland customers out of hours. Managed the integration of the separated EDS business into the main Midland Operation.
Various branch and area office positions
Chair of Governors Wallington High School for Girls
Selective London all girls grammar school. Led the Governing Body during transition of school leadership, and oversight of building of new teaching block, and new sports hall.
Independent Panel Member, London Borough of Sutton
Independent panel member hearing matters relating to the school admissions and appeals code.